Thursday, December 9, 2010

Introduction

Most book always start with an introduction on the motive for the author to write such book or what core value does author wish to deliver from the book. Therefore I also decide to write a short introduction of my blog, so you who is reading will know why do I start this blog and what message do I wish to deliver.


I have actually done up a few blogs before, but unfortunately none of them last. Mainly due to the natural of those blogs I have done before were basically just for me to express my frustration of life. However this one is different, because I have been planning to do it for quite some times already, but just never really put my thought into action.


The thought of making this blog raise after I watched a movie name, “The Bucket List”. A movie cast by Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. The storyline is about 2 dying old men get to know each other in the hospital, and starts attending to those adventures they have always dream for in different stage or age of life. Anyway, I was not amaze by this part of the movie, but finally understand that both characters in the movie have gave up many things they want or desire for the cause of living (be it a luxury life or just a simple stable life).


After the movie, I started to question on myself. I asked “what exactly I wish to achieve?” and “Am I giving up my dream for just making a living?”. These 2 questions led me to this blog.

My answer to my 1st question is to share my thought to people and influence some with the knowledge and experience I have. On the other hand, my answer for my 2nd question is considered positive. Although I am a trainer of a company, and I do get to share my thought and experience with people, but I still work for the company, and to be honest sometimes I can only share things that I was told to. Furthermore, majority of the time I was conducting skill training, which is very different with what I really wish to share with those around me. In such respect, a blog that I can share my believed, knowledge and experience become a solution to my goal.


However, I did not put the above thought into action, because I don’t believe anyone would like to read from someone like me. I am not famous or rich. I am not an owner or important leader of a well-known company as well. Who is going to buy my words, and be influence by a small trainer like me?


Something changed my opinion about myself recently, which gives me the motive to start this project. One evening, I was surfing on the Internet as what I usually do after work. An eye catching E-advertisement caught up my attention, the advertisement mentioned “Free Internet Marketing Session”. Being a Chinese, I was attracted by the word “Free”, and in the next second I was in the website of such advertisement already. This website mailed me a few clips regard to the Internet Marketing, and of course at the end asked me to purchase more for further training clips, which apparently I did not go for. However something in these clips awaken me from looking down on myself as a small trainer. The speaker in one of the sent clips said “Image there are 10 thousand of people surfing through your website, and a 100 of them purchase your product at the price of 100 bucks You then have make 10 thousand already. Furthermore, these 100 people will tell another 100 people who may also need your product. In such case, your website is automatically starting to make money on its own already.”. Obviously, I understand to do up a “money generated” website is not that simple, and I have totally no interest to start one. However the idea of “10 thousand people surfing and 100 people purchased” does give me a different view on myself. I may not be famous or rich. Yes, I am only a trainer of a company. But if 10 thousand people surf through my web blog and a 100 of them decided to buy my words. Then I have influenced 100 people, and I have achieved what I want already.


Therefore this blog started. Anyway, I do wish to do something different compare to other bloggers. As a result, in this blog you will often get to obtain my audio podcast regard to my post. The audio will serve the same objective with each post I have done up, but with maybe a little bit more elements in them. Last but not least, Please accept my apology on my English writing skill. Although this is my most comfortable language in term of writing, but still I knew my grammar is very “Poor”. That’s one of the reason I decided to do audio as well.


I hope you guys will enjoy reading my blog, and please do not hesitate to leave me your comment to share your thought and opinion. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment